Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bob's Journal

Today I woke up to the beautiful Antarctic ice, a stark contrast from yesterday's Caribbean sunrise. I headed to my garden to do my morning stretches, as well as pick a potato from my garden for breakfast. The fries from those fast food places don't even come close to my organic hash. After that delicious fast breaking, I got ready to go to work. I took the scenic ride on the EMS towards EEC3. I'm always captivated by how well the flowers grow in the city. We Ecosians really have mastered the beauty of the earth. At EEC3, I walked past the exercise facility to the energy facility. There was a larger turnout of exercisers today, probably trying to get their quotas done early. With a larger turnout we gained a lot more electricity today, enough to power the whole district for a few days! After work I decided to finish one of my exercise hours since it was a convenient 50-foot walk. After that workout, I headed home to check on my garden. The pomegranates are starting to grow! I picked some lettuce to make a salad for dinner and headed back inside. After dinner I sorted the garbage to appropriately recycle it. I am still amazed how every bit of trash is converted into energy to help fuel the city. After the short task, I relaxed with a good book. Now I am here writing in my journal, reminiscing on my productive day for Ecosia. These journal entries really help me to appreciate the wonder of this great city and help me realize that I truly am living in a utopia.

2 comments:

  1. hey, it would totally mess up your sleep schedule if you moved between places like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. im confused about how you can have a garden on antarctic ice. i love how trash is converted to energy to fuel the city but how does that work?

    ReplyDelete